For brewing only one cup of coffee, single-serve coffee makers are the right choice. You can also search for the best Keurig coffee makers. But what to do when we, sometimes, want to drink more than one cup of coffee or entertain up to 4 people? For such situations, it is better to invest in one of the best 4 cup coffee makers, Specially American folks are really like it from young to old age.
With so many options in the market, which one is the best? It is a common concern.
Well, I have researched and reviewed some of the best options in the market. Let’s have a look at them.
7 Best 4 Cup Coffee Makers in North America
1. Mr. Coffee DRX5-RB
Some of the finest percolators in the market are from the house of Mr. Coffee. With almost all advanced features, Mr. Coffee DRX5-RB is also one of the most preferred small coffee makers of America. It is affordable, user-friendly, and compact.
- The removable filter basket is easy to clean and wash.
- The auto pause feature allows you to fill your cup before brewing finishes.
- Its dual water window helps in checking whether the water reservoir is filled accurately or not.
- The auto shut-off feature is missing.
2. BLACK+DECKER DCM600B
It features a high-quality glass carafe that can hold up to 25 oz. of coffee. The carafe plate is nonstick and keeps your java warm even after brewing. The easy-view water window and removable filter basket are some more features that make this machine attractive.
- The sturdy handle and level markings make it more useful.
- The filter basket is removable and dishwasher safe.
- Space-saving design allows you to store it in compact places also.
- On/Off button may cause issues.
3. Cuisinart DCC-450BK
Most features of Cuisinart DCC-450BK are like premium espresso machines. The stainless steel carafe makes it more durable, but the feature I liked most is the 30 minutes auto shut-off. It turns off automatically after half an hour of brewing.
- The dripless pour spout prevents spills.
- It comes with an instruction booklet to provide appropriate guidance.
- Because of the compact design, it takes less space on the counter.
- It does not come with a reusable filter.
4. Capresso 303.01
Do you like cappuccino and espresso at your favorite cafe? Now, you can get the same taste at home. This machine from Capresso comes with a steam/ coffee selector to pour delicious lattes and cappuccinos in your cup. Now, you don’t need to visit a café for that great taste.
- It can prepare both mild and strong brew.
- It features an inbuilt safety boiler valve to prevent the escape of hot steam.
- The ABS plastic housing and steel accents enhance its looks.
- The decanter of this machine dribbles.
Bonavita BV1500TS looks modest but is an advanced coffee maker with many latest features. You won’t face any temperature control issues because it maintains optimum brewing temperature. It also allows you to pour a cup before brewing finishes.
- The brew-pause and auto shut-off features make it attractive.
- The stainless-steel thermal carafe is durable and keeps the coffee hot for a long time.
- Most removable components are easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- Some leakage issues while pouring the brew may arise.
6. Elite Cuisine EHC-2022
It is not the most attractive percolator but knows how to brew precisely every morning. You can get a refreshing brew in just minutes. Being compact, it is ideal for small offices, apartments, or even dorm rooms.
- The easy to fill water tank allows lifting the lid and pouring fresh water into it.
- It features a hot plate to keep the brewed coffee warm for around an hour.
- You can remove and reuse the dishwasher-safe filter basket.
- The build material is not of good quality, probably because of the low price.
7. KRUPS KM202850
It is a perfect machine when you need to brew up to 5 cups of coffee. KRUPS KM202850 is easy to use and allows you to pour a cup in between brewing. The best thing I liked is that its glass carafe features no-drip spout.
- The water tank is easy to fill and located close to the brewing chamber.
- It can start and stop the brewing process by just pressing the On/Off button.
- Comes from a renowned brand with 150 years of history.
- It is not one of those easy to clean and dishwasher-safe models from KRUPS.
Why Choose A 4 Cup Coffee Maker?
There are many reasons for choosing 4 cup coffee brewers. Some of them are:
- They are more affordable in comparison to coffee makers that brew 10-12 cups simultaneously.
- They are perfect when you require not more than 4 cups of coffee.
- The features in most of them are almost similar to those in a 10-12 cup coffee maker. If you are purchasing that 12-cup coffeemaker just because of advanced features, think twice.
- They are best for filling up to 2 travel mugs with delicious coffee.
Before Purchasing, Ask Yourself?
- What is my budget for a 4-cup coffeemaker?
- Have I checked the reviews by other buyers?
- Is it easily operable?
- Which type of carafe do I want in my coffeemaker – plastic, glass, or steel?
- Is 20-ounce enough for me, or should I go for the 34-ounce model?
1. Do all 4-cup coffeemakers produce the same amount of coffee?
The cup size of all coffeemakers is not the same. Some having 34 ounces carafe produce 4 cups of 8-ounce each, while those with a carafe of 20 ounces produce 4 cups of 5-ounce each.
2. How should I clean my machine when hard minerals congregate?
You can use white wine vinegar or lemon juice to remove hard minerals congregate from your coffee machine.
3. How long does it take for brewing 4 cups of coffee?
The brew time for 4 cups varies is different for different machines. From my personal experience, I can tell it is approximately 3 to 7 minutes.
To get the best 4 cup coffee maker for your home or office, you should do thorough research and consider many things as well as reviews by other customers. You can also go through my reviews and avoid all this. The coffee makers I have picked are affordable, efficient, and will help you start the day positively.